Thursday, August 7, 2014

Zoya Book Review- Danielle Steel

Hey guys! Today I'll be reviewing Zoya by Danielle Steel.

Rating: 4.8 stars.

- Characters: 4.5 stars.
- Plot: 4.5 stars.
- Setting: 5 stars.

I loved this book! It's not something I would normally read, but I was gifted it from a friend for my birthday. It starts out with a seventeen year old Zoya, living in St. Petersburg. Her cousin is the Tsar, so she lives in luxury. But that all changes in a very short moment.

Let's start with the characters. I loved most of the characters! There was a few, one is particular, that I wasn't that fond of. What also kind of ticked me off was that every man Zoya met was in love with her. It got slightly ridiculous after a little while.

The plot. I thought the plot was slightly slow, but it worked for this particular story. The only reason I docked half of a star was because I felt that it was kind of back and forth, and the story started to repeat itself a little. She went from being rich to poor more than once in the novel.

The setting is last. I thoroughly LOVED the setting! It takes place in St. Petersburg at first, which is cool, then moves onto Paris, which is such a fascinating place, than it moves on to New York City, where I want to go to college and live someday. So, I loved the setting with all my heart. Each place added so much to the story, it was sometimes hard to remember that Zoya was going through tough times.

Overall, this story will remain as one of my favorites, and I recommend to everyone who loves historical fiction! 

No comments:

Post a Comment